Now I want to run out to get some dyes to make them not white. Because Pennsic mud.
Back in the early 1990's, when Magic the Gathering was new, Phil and I shared a house with James Ernest and Carol Monahan. James created Cheapass Games during that time, and now, nearly thirty years later, he's putting out a gorgeous, huge, bound collection of all the games. He's also writing up notes on the inspiration behind the games, and some of the history connected with them. It's going to be fantastic. I've got a sample chapter sitting in my living room, and I'm really looking forward to reading the rest. I've watched the company grow and change over the years. It's hard to believe it's been so long, I can still hear the paper cutter going as James cut out endless playtest cards. Their Kickstarter begins on April 1, I'll post a link to it when it goes live. I hope you'll all check it out, it's not our company or product, but it has been a huge presence in our lives!
And... it's already funded.
if you want to contribute to the East's 4/1 LoI, now is the time! We need silly names and armory by 3/31 at 9 pm at the latest. (I have to sleep sometime!!)
I added some names today, but we've got no armory thus far. If you would like to throw anything together, ping me and I'll hook you up with the names. Stand-alone armory is ok too, I can always attach it to a prior year's name that I feel is fitting. (For OSCAR users, I'm in the roster under the name of Lillia de Vaux.)
Things to keep in mind:
- Normally, we try to keep the use of FS and surname-as-given name to a minimum (I find it's a bit of a crutch), but we're under a time crunch so I'm not going to quibble about it.
- Some nonpersonal names (e.g., branch or order names) would be nice to have.
- We can also use more non-English names.
- Please try to keep everything PG. (Yes, it's subjective.)
- I reserve the right to omit a submission that (IMHO) reflects poorly on the kingdom and the College of Arms.
20-minute sneezing jags HURT.